The Donation Policy Committee was established in November 2016 to inform policy updates related to donations that support athletics and activities across the District. In April 2017, that committee recommended to the board that a smaller work group (Phase 2 committee) convene to draft shared expectations about the District’s relationship with organizations who provide donations to support athletics and activities.
Athletics & Activities
Athletics & Activities Director
12111 NE 1st Street
Bellevue, WA 98005
The Bellevue School District Athletic and Activities Department provides a comprehensive offering of programs that supports preparing students for college, career, and life.
The administration, staff, students, and parents of Bellevue School District schools value:
- By implementing a supportive environment in all athletic and activity programs
- By building self-confidence and self-discipline to promote lifelong social, emotional, and physical health
- By creating opportunities to explore new interests and strengths
- By providing growth through practice and competition
- By maintaining a balance of individual and team achievement
- By emphasizing life skills designed to foster positive mindsets
- By demonstrating respect and appreciation for diversity and inclusion
- By investing in all programs at every level of the Bellevue School District
- By committing to sportsmanship, fairness, and integrity
- By developing a sense of belonging within the Bellevue School District and the community
- By nurturing relationships through effective communication
- By modeling positive behavior for participants, staff, and supporters
Students participating in high school athletics programs, along with their parents, are encouraged to complete a Bellevue School District High School Athletics Survey. Surveys are used to evaluate all aspects of athletic programs. We hope to identify areas for improvement and provide meaningful goals and professional development for coaching staff.
The final meeting of the Donation Policy Review Committee took place on April 19, 2017Read More
The next Athletics & Activities Community Forum is scheduled for Thursday, May 18, 6:00-7:30pm at Bellevue High School (in the library). All are welcome to attend as these forums are not school specific.
Update: Congratulations again to siblings Grace and John Lee who won gold and bronze medals, respectively at the 2016-17 U.S. National Short Track Speed Skating Championship in March at Midland, Michigan. Read More
The Donations Policy Review Committee met on April 5, 2017.Read More
Congratulations to a number of Bellevue School District students who earned a State Championship at the Washington State Junior State Championships on Feb. 4. Read More
The Donations Policy Review Committee met on March 22, 2017.Read More