Starting in the 2017-18 school year we will be changing how students in Kindergarten are identified for gifted services. This new process will then go into effect for 1st graders during the 2018-19 school year.
12011 NE 1st Street
Bellevue, WA 98005
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Email
Test results will be sent via US Mail by:
- February 16, 2018 for BSD students in grades 5-11 and private school students in grades 1-11 who tested on Dec. 9, 2017.
- April 30, 2018 for BSD students in grades 1-5 who tested in January or February 2018.
The Gifted Program provides services for identified students needing academic services at an advanced level and accelerated pace due to their ability to comprehend and process information. Services provide instruction in the core content areas of language arts, social studies, science and math. Instruction is designed to meet students’ cognitive and academic needs at the appropriate level.
We provide services to students who live within the BSD attendance area, who are currently enrolled in a BSD school, and who have been identified as in need of gifted programming.
Students may attend the self-contained program where they are placed in classes with like ability peers at Cherry Crest, Medina, Somerset, Spiritridge, Odle, Tyee, and Interlake. Students may also choose to remain at their current school and receive differentiated instruction in a general education classroom.
Students attending a BSD school through an inter-district transfer are only eligible to receive differentiated services at the school for which the transfer applies.
1st Grade – 11th Grade
- September – October: Apply for Winter Gifted Testing. Only students who live within the Bellevue School District service area may apply.
- End of October: Deadline for Winter Gifted Testing applications
- December – January: Winter Gifted Testing
- Beginning of March: Result letters for BSD students in grades 5 – 11 and private school students in grades 1 – 11
- Mid-April: Result letters for BSD students in grades 1 – 4
- May – mid-July: Apply for Summer Gifted Testing. Only students who have moved into the district after the October deadline may apply.
- Mid-July: Deadline for Summer Gifted Testing applications
- End of July: Summer Gifted Testing
Private School Kindergartners
- September: Apply for private school K testing
- September – October: Gifted testing for private school K