LUNCH TODAY: Harvest of the Month – Soft Taco, beef, vegetarian, &/or cheese, and salad bar.
ANNOUNCEMENTS & REMINDERS:
- Lost & Found bucket is overflowing. Please come to the Main Office and look through it for your missing valuables before they are donated.
- Alice In Wonderland Please see the attached poster. Tickets can be purchased at this link: https://touchbase.bsd405.org/.
- Latino H.E.A.T. Day of the Dead Event
When: November 3rd
Where: SHS Atrium
What: Latino H.E.A.T. has a long history of celebrating day of the dead. This year they are bringing this tradition to Sammamish High School and inviting all our Sammamish community to celebrate this annual event with them. Día de los Muertos is a holiday celebrated throughout Mexico mainly in central and south regions. It is acknowledged in many other cultures as well. This very special celebration focuses on honoring and remembering loved ones who have passed. Please come and join us at this family Día de los Muertos event!
- Totems Got Talent!
The annual Totems Got Talent show is tomorrow, Friday, October 27th at 7:00 p.m. Come see some incredible acts performed by our very own Sammamish students! Tickets sold at the door. $8 for students, $10 for adults. Be there!
- Winter Cheer Try-outs are coming!
Try-out clinics are 10/30-11/2 from 4:30-6:30p in the Dance Studio. Final Try-outs are Friday Nov 3rd @ 5pm in the Dance Studio. Packets are available in the Main Office.
- Thanksgiving Food Drive
For the past nine years, the Families Helping Families Thanksgiving Food Drive has been dedicated to providing meals for local families. This organization is inviting families in need to apply for a full traditional Thanksgiving meal to enjoy this November. If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please see Ms. Mendoza in the Family Connections Center (Room 210).
- Winter Sports!
Winter Sports sign-ups are open NOW. Deadline to register: November 1st! Register here: https://www.familyid.com/organizations/sammamish
IMPACT test dates: Oct 30th – 4pm, Nov 1st – 2 pm, Nov 2nd -4pm, Nov 8th – 2pm in Room 112
Winter: Boys/Girls Basketball, Gymnastics, Wrestling, and Boys Swim/Dive (swim does not need IMPACT)
- College Corps has begun!
College Corps volunteers are in the College & Career Center after school every Monday – Thursday to assist seniors with college applications, personal statements, activities log and scholarship essays. Please use this very valuable resource and don’t wait until the application deadlines is upon you to do so! Questions? Talk to Ms. Scott in the College & Career Center…
- Ladies of SHS – Transportation U is having their second event. Even if you were unable to attend the first one feel free to come to one of our two lunchtime sessions and learn about the Impacts of Transit Route Planning!
We will be planning traffic routes using the computer software Remix to instantaneously see who your planned route serves, how many jobs it connects, and what the cost will be. Come see how the path you choose impacts the community—and see if you can design the winning route!
Join us and let WTS treat you to a free lunch!
Today, October 26th – both lunch periods – room 144
Questions? Ask Ms. Herzog! We hope to see you there!
- ART CLUB IS HOSTING AN ART SALE THIS FRIDAY, 10/27, at 7:30 p.m. in the commons area, right outside the PAC! We are donating to the Earthquake in Mexico as well as art club.
- Come and buy necklaces, bowls, bracelets, and earrings! They are very cheap! You can get some bracelets for just $1!
|Journalism Club||Mr. Leffler||611||Thurs/3:35p.m.|
|Homework Club||Jubilee Reach||Library||Tues & Thurs/3:30p.m.|
|Hip Hop Club||Ms. Pinter||Atrium||Tues & Thurs/3:30p.m.|
|Conservation Club||Ms. Flikkema||Room 327||Thurs/7:30-8:00a|
|Friday, October 27, 2017|
|TBD||Girls Swim||Varsity||Mercer Island||(16) Bellevue…||UW Pavilli|
|Saturday, October 28, 2017|
|TBD||Girls Swim||Varsity||Mercer Island||(16) Bellevue…||Kamiak High School|
|12:40 pm||Girls Cross Country||Varsity||2A District Cross Country
|Sammamish||South Whidbey High School|
|2:00 pm||Boys Cross Country||Varsity||2A District Cross Country
|Sammamish||South Whidbey High School|