Our Mission: To provide all students with an exemplary college preparatory education so they can succeed in college, career and life.
Woodridge is one of 17 elementary schools in the Bellevue School District. We have a variety of programs to serve the needs of our diverse K-5 student population. These programs include a state-funded Leaning Assistance Program (LAP) that provides support for children struggling in reading and/or math; English as a Second Language support for intermediate and advanced level second language learners; and a Special Education program for children with special learning needs.
The Woodridge staff is committed to working as a team to provide the highest quality education for our students. We value working collaboratively with our students’ families and believe that the school-home connection plays an important role in the success of our students and our program at Woodridge.
In this school, we believe that learning is a lifelong adventure!
- We believe in facing each day with our minds open to knowledge and hearts open to love.
- We believe in the freedom to wonder, to ask, to explore, to imagine and to create.
- We believe that success means doing our best, being our best, and feeling proud of our effort.
- We believe that every one of us has special talents, and that the talents of each of us help all of us.
- We believe in ourselves and in each other in this school.
Targeted Instructional Area Statement
Through a school-wide effort, all Woodridge students will show measurable growth in their ability to comprehend text and communicate their understanding of that text orally and in writing. This will be accomplished through the implementation of best practices, specifically, the summarizing strategy from Classroom Instruction that Works, Marzano. K-3 student achievement will be measured each trimester by district assessments (Reading 3D: TRC & DIBELS). 4th/5th grade student achievement will be measured by school and district assessments (4th-5th DRA, Easy CBM, Reading A-Z), and annually by the state assessment (MSP).