Parent/Teacher Conferences: we have scheduled conferences for Nov. 13 for those students with last name A-L and Nov. 14 for those students with last name M – Z. This is your opportunity to meet with your student’s teachers individually. Both evenings are 3:00-7:00 pm, with a teacher dinner break from 5-5:30. We will be sending out more information and a detailed schedule as we get closer to those date
New Tutorial: we are piloting a new place for students during the tutorial period, 2:30 – 3:00 pm. Here are the details:
"A place to process and complete the academic day while putting the whole day in perspective."
- Offered Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 2:35-3:00 (tutorial) in the Tillicum Commons
- Students must have C grades and above in all of their classes to attend.
- >grades will be checked every Monday. If you have a D or F, you may not attend this tutorial for that week.
- Students must stay for the entire 25 minutes (no late arrivals, early dismissals or passes from other tutorials)
- All students must sign in as they enter.
- Students who do not follow school rules during this tutorial may be prohibited from participating in the future.
- This time is offered as a time for students to unwind and relax in a safe setting before beginning their after-school activities. Students may listen to music (with headphones), use their phones, read, socialize, etc... as long as they are safe and respectful of staff and peers.
- If student behavior overall becomes a problem, this option will not be offered after November. Tillicum Staff reserves the right to discontinue this after-class privilege.
Used Textile Collection! The easiest fundraiser ever!
We will be collecting used clothing and textiles during conferences Nov. 13 & 14. The organization that does the collecting is Clothes for the Cause and we encourage you to visit the website to learn more information & see the types of textiles that are accepted. Tillicum will be paid for the weight of the textiles – all you have to do is drop off the items when you are here for student conferences. All proceeds from this collection will go toward the cost of 6th grade camp. More info next week!