Sherwood Forest Vision Statement
At Sherwood Forest, we are a team of learners who work cooperatively and persistently towards our goals in college, career, and life.
We commit to character development through:
- The use of the three personal standards (make good decisions, solve problems, show respect) throughout the school.
- Focusing on the “Virtue of the Month” to support continual character development.
- Addressing others by name.
We commit to college readiness through:
- Speaking and writing in complete sentences.
- Always putting forth our best effort, including staying on task, listening to others, using college vocabulary, working cooperatively, and showing persistence with difficult tasks.
- Seeing that every student will be proficient in every subject.
We commit to consistent school wide routines through:
- Meeting students at the door and greeting them by name every morning.
- Beginning the first 20 days of the school year with school-wide class meeting lessons.
- Fostering independence in students.
We commit to positive behavior management through:
- A positive behavior management plan that includes pre-established guidelines for management of behaviors for effective use of our Guidance Team.
- Being self-managers of our own behaviors and demonstrating behaviors that will help students be successful in college, career and life.
- Using positive reinforcement techniques to promote confidence and clearly establishing and recognizing those positive behaviors in our students that will help them become successful in college, career and life.