Shuttling service is available to Jing Mei families. There is no need to reserve a spot or register a rider. Families just choose a bus stop and since it is a shuttle service bus drivers do not know which stop they will choose or if they are going to use the bus at all.
|Stop Description||AM Route||AM Time||PM Route||PM Time||Wed. Time|
|98TH AVE & NE 20TH ST(CHINOOK MS)||47||08:11 AM||47||04:09 PM||01:54 PM|
|SE 11TH ST & BELLEVUE WY||47||08:19 AM||47||03:58 PM||01:43 PM|
|EB SE 32ND ST & 125TH AVE SE(WEST END OF PARK)||47||08:30 AM||47||03:50 PM||01:35 PM|
|138TH AV SE & ALLEN RD||47||08:38 AM||47||03:42 PM||01:27 PM|
|ARDMORE BUS LOADZONE||48||08:07 AM||48||04:13 PM||01:43 PM|
|SHER FOREST ELEM BUS LOADZONE||48||08:15 AM||48||04:05 PM||01:36 PM|
|HIGHLAND MIDDLE SCHOOL||48||08:23 AM||48||04:00 PM||01:32 PM|
|ODLE FRONT ACC & ODLE FRONT ACC||49||08:06 AM||49||04:12 PM||02:00 PM|
|164TH AV NE & NE 6TH ST||49||08:13 AM||49||04:04 PM||01:52 PM|
|1200 164TH AVE SE/LAKE HILLS PARK(N. PARKING)||49||08:17 AM||49||04:00 PM||01:48 PM|
|SE 46TH WY & 158TH AV SE||49||08:30 AM||49||03:45 PM||01:33 PM|
|B&G CLUB-209 100TH AVE NE(PM ONLY)||NA||PM ONLY||47||04:03 PM||01:48 PM|
Here are some important reminders from our transportation department:
You will not be receiving a letter with your child’s bus stop because she/he is in an optional program and the bus service is a shuttle service. Parents/Guardians are responsible for getting their student(s) safely to/from a shuttle location when using the school bus service. If you are planning on utilizing the bus, please read the information below to help ensure a positive bus riding experience.
- MOST IMPORTANT – PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD KNOWS HER/HIS BUS STOP AND BUS NUMBER FOR THE BUS RIDE HOME. This is one of the biggest challenges of transportation for the first week of school. Students need to know what bus to get on at the school and recognize the bus stop where they get off. Instruct your child to notify the bus driver and ask for help if they feel lost.Instruct them not to get off the bus if they do not recognize the bus stop. Orange & Yellow ID bands will be mailed separately to K-3 students to help insure they get on the correct bus and get off at the correct stop. ID bands need to be filled out with afternoon stop & route number they are using.
- Students should be at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to the scheduled stop time, as should parents meeting students at drop off time. Please be patient with late buses at the start of the school year.
- During the first week of school, a parent/guardian or older sibling must meet a kindergartner at the return bus stop. Neither Washington State nor Bellevue School District requires regular program students to be met at the bus stop, with the exception of kindergartners for the first week of school. If you desire that your child be met, you must train your child to notify the driver if no one is at the bus stop to meet them. Any student uncomfortable with getting off the bus, because no one is at the bus stop to meet them, will be kept on the bus and will generally be taken to After School Bus Return Emergency Care Program at the Transportation Department located at 12025 NE 5th ST, Bellevue.
- K-5 students are entitled to bus transportation if they live outside the 1 mile walk boundary and inside the schools attendance boundary.
- There is a 1 radial mile walk boundary for Middle and High School Students.
- Students not eligible for transportation may ride any bus on a space available basis.
- A parent’s note is required for a student to ride home with a friend (only if space available).
- Bus rides should last no longer than 1 hour. However, with traffic, accidents, or for district-wide and special transportation service, it may occasionally be longer.
- The bus driver has complete authority over and responsibility for passengers on the school bus.
Bus routes may be adjusted as needed to adjust overloads and timing issues. The bus stop information on the BSD website pertains to the beginning of the school year and will be updated periodically.
For additional information regarding bus stops, routes and boundary information, visit the BSD Website http://www.bsd405.org/transportation