- Interake, due to the icy conditions outside, please use caution on outside walkways. Stay safe!
- Keep your valuables locked in your hallway and locker room lockers. Any items left out near friends or on the locker room floor unsecured are not safe. So, be a smart Saint and stay secure!
- If you have been assigned a detention, be sure to serve it by the due date or you will be assigned a Wednesday School. Detentions are from 3:15-4:15 in room 1815. You will not be admitted if you are late. Please be sure to bring academic assignments or reading to work on.
- Mark your calendars for the following dates:
- This Friday, we will be on an AM Assembly schedule for the Martin Luther King Jr. Assembly.
- There will be no school on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, next Monday, January 18.
- First semester finals schedule will be Wednesday, January 20 – Friday, January 22nd. Schedules will be posted in the halls and the commons later this week.
- Hey Freshmen! Feeling stressed about your first round of high school finals?? Have no fear, Link Crew is here! Tomorrow and Thursday from 3:15- 4:30pm we will be hosting Cocoa & Cram. Come down in the science wing and we will have 3 classrooms with different study sessions for all subjects. Come to study with friends, get some support from the Link Leaders who have gone through all your classes and drink some hot cocoa!
- There will be an interest meeting on January 12th at 7pm in Interlake’s library about a possible school trip to France in February 2017.
- Do you like biology? Want a chance to visit Vietnam? Then sign up for USA Biology Olympiad! Participants will take a multiple choice qualifying test for the chance to join Team USA. If interested, please contact Erich Liang at firstname.lastname@example.org, or check with a biology teacher. But hurry! Registration closes January 19th.
- Attention Seniors! Please stop by the counseling center or main office to pick up a registration form for the senior party. See your counselor or Mrs. Stockdale if you need a scholarship. Forms and payment are due on January 22nd by end of day, so get your forms today!.
- Come stay fit by enjoying our weight room and field in the afternoons:
- The Weight Room is open Mondays, Tuesdays, & Thursdays from 3:30-5:00.
- The Field is open Mondays-Fridays from 3:30-5:30.
- Seniors – $1000 scholarships for higher education are being offered by Cascade Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution, to seniors graduating from a public or private Eastside high school. The scholarships will be awarded based on commitment to higher education, academic excellence, accomplishments, honors, and a typed, 300-500 word essay. The attached application form must be used by the applicant. Payment is made to the student’s college or university in the fall of 2016. The completed application and listed requirements must be postmarked by midnight, March 1, 2016. For more information, please see the Interlake website counseling page under “Scholarships”.
- Attention Ladies interested in STEM! ChickTech is a free, 2 day event where 100 high school girls attend a hands-on workshop with interactive themes that include robotics, web programming, gaming, building computers and more! If you are interested in STEM careers, stop by the Career Center today.
- Looking for a part time job? Love working with animals? Crossroads Vet is looking for an assistant! Minimum age is 16 year old. Stop by the Career Center for more details on this and other job opportunities.
- A representative from the Marine Corps and National Guard will be in the Career Center tomorrow, both lunches, to talk about Career and Scholarship information in the armed forces.
- College Visits: Today, New York’s Fashion Institute of Technology will be visiting 1st If you are interested in the fashion industry, stop by the Career Center to learn more about FIT.