The Donation Policy Review Committee (Phase II) met on October 24, 2017.
Donation Policy Committee
Executive Director of Schools
November 14, 2017
Odle Middle School
December 6, 2017
2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
WISC Baker Room
January 3, 2018
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
January 17, 2018
2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
WISC Baker Room
Donations are a tremendous support for our many athletic programs, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. Creating a committee to address the process of how these donations are received provides an opportunity to reevaluate district policy related to donations.
The Donation Policy Review Committee was established in November 2016 to inform policy updates related to donations that support athletics and activities across the District. In April 2017, that committee recommended to the Board that a smaller work group (phase 2 committee) be convened to recommend revisions to Board Policy 6114 Donations and Administrative Procedure 6114P that reflect shared expectations about the District’s relationship with organizations who provide donations to support athletics and activities.
Committee member expectations:
- The committee will meet regularly (dates/time to be determined by the committee at the first meeting on June 16, 2017) during the first semester of the 2017-18 school year.
- Committee members will be asked to gather input from stakeholders to be shared with the committee.
- Committee members will work in collaboration to develop recommendations to be presented to the Board in January or February 2018.
The committee includes individuals who will bring a wide range of experiences and perspectives to bear on the committee’s work. These individuals include parents/guardians, community partners, and staff members (i.e., coaches, advisors, certificated teachers, administrators) from District schools who have an interest in interscholastic athletics and activities, and co-curricular and extra-curricular activities in the Bellevue School District. Committee meetings will be facilitated by Dick Withycombe (Withycombe Scotten & Associates).
October 24 – November 8, 2016.
Phase 1 of committee.
November 2016 – January 2017
Gathering and consolidate information pertaining to the review of donation policies.
February – March 2017
Phase 1 recommendations presented to School Board.
Phase 2 of committee.
Present recommendations to school board.
The Donation Policy Review Committee (Phase II) met on September 26, 2017.Read More
The Donation Policy Review Committee (Phase II) met on September 6, 2017.Read More
The meeting in phase II of the Donation Policy Review Committee took place on June 16, 2017Read More
The final meeting of the Donation Policy Review Committee took place on April 19, 2017Read More
The Donations Policy Review Committee met on April 5, 2017.Read More
The Donations Policy Review Committee met on March 22, 2017.Read More
- Instructional Materials Adoption
- Honors 7th Grade Literature & Composition Committee
- Life Skills Curriculum
- Special Education Direct Instruction Reading Curriculum
- Algebra 1 – Geometry – Algebra 2 (AGA) Math Adoption
- Honors Freshman Literature & Composition Adoption Committee
- Elementary Science Adoption
- Middle School Science Adoption
- French 4 Textbook Adoption
- ISA Middle School Textbook Adoption
- Japanese Textbook Adoption
- World History Textbook Adoption
- Inclusive Practices Advisory Team
- Athletic Code Review Committee
- Donation Policy Committee
- High School Social & Emotional Learning
- Middle School Social & Emotional Learning
- Gifted Advisory Committee
- Inactive Committees
- AP Physics Adoption
- Elementary 18 Attendance Area Committee
- High School Algebra 1 Adoption
- High School Start Time Steering Committee
- Jr. American Literature Textbook Adoption
- K-5 Chinese Dual Language Adoption
- Middle School ELA Summer Reading Adoption
- Middle School Math Adoption
- P-12 Chinese Dual Language Program