My staff and I are so excited for school to start and look forward to welcoming each and every student and family to Cherry Crest Elementary! Below is some helpful information to ensure a great start to school.
Dusty Steere, Principal Cherry Crest Elementary
- Getting to and from School.
- Driving to school? Please review and follow Cherry Crest’s Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures. *Note: in general “staff only” parking spaces have been removed, so families can park in the center parking lot OR the outer ring.
- Riding the bus? Find your bus route
- Make sure your child knows how they are getting home: bus, pickup, after care, etc.
- Students can bring their own lunch or buy at school (even on the first day)
- If your child is buying lunch, money can be added to their lunch account with cash/check in the main office or pay online through BSD Nutrition Services.
- Read our Arrival and Dismissal Procedures so you and your child know what to do when they get to school.
- School Supplies.
- If you didn’t drop supplies off at the Teacher Meet and Greet, have your child bring their supplies in a bag or box labeled with their name and teacher.
- School Supplies List
- PTSA Welcome and Coffee in the lobby
- Following morning dropoff on August 31 and September 5 (K families), come enjoy a cup of coffee, a pastry and the opportunity to make new friends or catch up with old ones.
- Kindergarten Conferences
- The first day of class for Kindergarten is on Tuesday, September 5th with Family Connection Conferences taking place on Thursday and Friday.
- Please sign in at the front office prior to attending your conference.
Please remember to regularly visit the Cherry Crest & PTSA websites for the most current information.
August 31 First Day of School for grades 1 – 5 + PTSA welcome & coffee
September 4 Labor Day – No School
September 5 First day of classes for Kindergarten + PTSA welcome & coffee
September 12 Cherry Crest Curriculum Night
September 22 School Picture Day
September 29 Walkathon