High School students will be informed about AP Exams on Monday, January 8, 2018. Please see the 2018 AP Schedule and Payment Worksheet for complete information.
All students in Advanced Placement (AP) classes have the opportunity to take an AP Exam for each AP class in which they are enrolled. AP students not taking their scheduled AP exam in May will attend their regularly scheduled classes. Exam fees will post to student accounts by January 11, 2018. Details regarding the registration and testing process are provided below.
- Payment for Exams by February 28th
Payment for exams can be made online or by check/cash/credit card to Rebecca Thornton in the BP office. Checks should be made payable to BPS. Online payments can be made at: https://touchbase.bsd405.org. We encourage students to pay the exam fees as soon as possible. Late payments will incur additional fees and there is a possibility tests may not be available. Once exams are ordered, refunds will not be given even if you decide not to take an exam.
- Payment period: January 11 – Feb 28
- Exam price: $94 per exam
- Registration and Payments: Rebecca Thornton – email@example.com
- Financial Assistance Opportunities – pursue as soon as possible, no later than Feb 16
Inability to pay should not stop any student from taking an exam. Financial assistance is available
- Exam fees will be waived for students who qualify for free and reduced lunch. Fee waiver forms must be on file with Nutrition Services. Waiver forms can be found at: http://www.bsd405.org/departments/nutrition-services/free-reduced/ or in the school office.
- If a student does not qualify for either program, assistance may be available if the student is taking multiple exams and can demonstrate financial hardship. A reduced fee application form is available in the Counseling Center. Students are to complete with parent and return completed form to the Main Office no later than February 18.
- Students with pre-approved Testing Accommodations
Students wanting to use their pre-approved testing accommodations from the College Board are to coordinate this with their counselor no later than February 9.
- Late Testing and/or Test Conflicts
The College Board holds a strict policy on late tests. Please see this link for details: https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/takingtheexam/exam-policies
- Students with test conflicts which arise due to another AP test occurring at same time will be allowed an alternate test given during the late testing time period. There is no added cost. Student is to notify Kate Sayers, firstname.lastname@example.org of this conflict so a late test can be ordered.
- Exams offered at other schools
Students have the opportunity to take exams which are offered at other BSD schools but not at BPS. Contact Kate Sayers, email@example.com to coordinate.
2018 AP Schedule
*Bold tests are offered at Bellevue Big Picture; others offered elsewhere in the district.
|Week 1||7:30 am Arrival Time||12:15 pm Arrival Time|
|Monday, May 7||
|Tuesday, May 8||Spanish Language and Culture||
Physics 1: Algebra-Based
|Wednesday, May 9||
English Literature and Composition
AP Art – Send Completed Digital Photography Portfolios
Japanese Language and Culture
Physics 2: Algebra-Based
|Thursday, May 10||United States Government and Politics||
Chinese Language and Culture
|Friday, May 11||
German Language and Culture
United States History
|Computer Science Principles|
|Week 2||7:30 am Arrival Time||12:15 pm Arrival Time|
|Monday, May 14||
Physics C: Mechanics 12:15 p.m.
Physics C: Elec & Mag – 2:00 p.m.
|Tuesday, May 15||
French Language and Culture
Computer Science A
|Wednesday, May 16||English Language and Composition||
Italian Language and Composition
|Thursday, May 17||
Comparative Government and Politics
|Friday, May 18||