BHS Registration Timeline for 2016-17 School Year
The registration period for next year’s students takes place over the course of three weeks at Bellevue High School. Please note the following events on your calendar and plan on joining us!
Incoming 9th Grade Students
- Counselors will be making presentations at middle schools on Tuesday, February 23. Students will be bringing home a registration packet to complete; 9th Grade Course Selection Form, BHS Course Offerings (Grade 9)
- Parents are invited to the Registration Information Night at BHS on Wednesday, February 24.
- Current 8th graders will complete the registration process online using the Online Course Selection tool by Friday, March 4.
Returning BHS Students (Incoming 10th – 12th Grade Students)
- Grade level presentations at Bellevue High School on Wednesday, February 24 during the school day (for students only)
- Online registration for incoming 10th – 12th graders
- Current 9th graders (incoming 10th graders) will meet with their counselors during their English class on March 7th or 8th to look over course selections and complete the online registration process. Students will need to bring their Course Selection Form signed by parents; 10th Grade Course Selection Form, BHS Course Offerings (Grades 10-12)
- Current 10th graders (incoming 11th graders) will meet with their counselors during their English class on March 14th or 15th to look over course selections and complete the online registration process. Students will need to bring their Course Selection Form signed by parents; 11th Grade Course Selection Form, BHS Course Offerings (Grades 10-12)
- Current 11th graders (incoming 12th graders) will have individual appointments with counselors March 1 – 4. These short conferences (15 minutes in length) will ensure that all graduation requirements will be met. Parents will be invited to join this appointment. More information will be sent at a later date regarding the schedule. Students will need to bring their Course Selection Form; 12th Grade Course Selection Form, BHS Course Offerings (Grades 10-12)
Registration Information Night
Parents of all incoming students are invited to grade-level registration presentations at Bellevue High School on Wednesday, February 24. Counselors will share the same information that was provided to students earlier in the day. For those who cannot make it, here is the BHS-General-Registration-Presentation-2016-17.
- 6:30 pm to 7:00 pm—Departments will have tables set up in the Commons to answer curricular questions
- 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm – Counselor registration presentations
- Incoming 9th graders in the Performing Arts Center
- Incoming 10th graders in the Main Gym
- Incoming 11th graders in the Commons
- Incoming 12th graders in the Library
Incoming Private School Students
Registration of students joining us from private schools and other transfers will take place in the BHS Library on March 10 from 3:00 – 4:00. Registration materials for students new to the district are found at http://www.bsd405.org/schools/registration/. Grade specific course selections will be available at the March 10th presentation.
New Courses Offered
Please see the Course Catalog on the district web page for descriptions of these new courses offered at BHS next year:
- Anatomy and Physiology (UW in the High School)
- Advanced Placement Courses, AP Program
- AP Capstone 2 (AP Research)
- Business Calculus
- Men’s Ensemble
- Chamber Choir
- Race in the United States (11th/12th only, semester)
|Russell White, Assistant Principal
Bellevue High School
10416 Se Wolverine Way
Bellevue, WA 98004
PHONE: 425.456.7000 | email@example.com