Even when doing everything we can to be safe the unexpected can happen, but following guidelines and rules for best practices can greatly minimize the chance for potentially tragic incidents from happening. Our bus drivers and transportation department train our students in safety procedures throughout the course of the year. Please remind your children of these basic rules for safe bus riding:
- Arrive to the bus stop five minutes early. Never run for the bus.
- Wait in line 10 feet away from where the bus stops.
- Wait until the bus stops and the doors open before approaching the bus.
- Wait until the bus is stopped and the door is open before standing up.
- Wait for the bus driver signal before crossing and look both ways before crossing. Watch for traffic!
- Walk in front of the bus; never walk behind the bus.
Dogs on Campus
We have had some worries and concerns regarding animals on campus during school hours(including before and after school). Even though we are the home of the bulldogs, animals are not allowed on campus during school hours per school district procedures. Even the best behaved pets may react unexpectedly to the busy school atmosphere and students, especially at arrival and dismissal. We are very pleased we have not had an accident; however, we would also like to avoid one.
Please ensure animals are not brought onto school grounds between the hours of 8:45 AM – 3:45 PM (1:25 Wednesdays). Thank you for your thoughtfulness and consideration for others.