After four years leading the Bellevue School District, Superintendent Mills announced his decision to retire at the end of his current contract in June 2017. The Board of Directors selected Ray & Associates, Inc. to conduct the search for a Bellevue's next superintendent.
(425) 456-4000Email Us
The superintendent is the top executive or Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in the school district. The superintendent is hired by and reports to the School Board. Responsibilities of the superintendent include:
- Leading the implementation of the District mission and key initiatives,
- Keeping the school board informed of issues, needs and operation of the school system,
- Providing oversight of day-to-day decisions about educational standards and student achievement,
- Planning budgets and allocating resources,
- Hiring and supervising senior staff,
- Hiring principals, and
- Acting as the point person for interactions and collaboration with government and partner agencies.