BSD has a comprehensive child find process to ensure ALL residents and private schools within the district are made aware of the special education and related services offered by the district. The purpose of Child Find is to locate, evaluate and identify children with suspected disabilities in need of special education services including those who are not currently receiving special education and related services and who may be eligible for those services.
Activities are to reach:
- Children residing in the school district boundaries including preschool-aged children;
- Children attending private elementary and secondary schools located within the District boundaries;
- Highly mobile children (such as homeless, foster care and migrant children);
- Children who have a disability and may need special education services even though they are advancing from grade to grade; and
- Children at home or home schooled.
For information on:
- Assessments for children ages birth to 2 years and 8 months, call Kindering Center at 425-747-4004.
- Preschool screenings for children between ages 2 yrs, 9 months to 5 years, call: 425-456-4171.
- Concerns about the development/school progress for students from kindergarten through 21 years, contact the counselor at your child’s school.
- If you live outside the Bellevue School District, call 1-800-756-5437
Various programs and services are available to all students who meet state eligibility criteria for special education services and are being served on an Individualized Education Program (IEP). This continuum includes specially designed instruction, accommodations, and related services in general education, special education and/or community environments. Special education personnel at each school site will determine specific course availability based on an analysis of their student population. Therefore, not every aspect of the continuum may be available at each school. Classes will be assigned based on individual student needs and the IEP process. As part of the IEP process the team may determine a particular course be repeated for credit.
The programs Bellevue Offers:
Early Intervention Programs
- Early Intervention Services
- Preschool Age Learning
School Age Programs
- Resource Program
- Olympic Program
- Cascade Program
- Functional Life Skills Program
- Transition Services Center