Thank you, for those that participated in this year’s Middle School Athletics Interest Survey. Your feedback is appreciated and helps ensure the district is meeting the needs of the students in our athletic programming.
This year 2,697 students responded throughout the middle schools including grade 6 (39%), grade 7 (33%), and grade 8 (28%). A total of 1,338 responses were submitted by females and 1,359 by males.
Some of what the students self-reported include:
- 73% of females participate in a sport at some level – through Middle School or outside
- 75% of males participate in a sport at some level – through Middle School or outside
- 53 is the number of different sports in which BSD students are currently participating
- Soccer is the sport most students participate in through Middle School sports
- Cross country is second
- Soccer is the sport most students participate in outside of Middle School sports
- Swimming is second
- Badminton, Skiing, Tennis, Track and Field, and Ultimate Frisbee are the sports most students are interested in playing in Middle School.
- Outside sports and time/schedule conflicts are the most common reasons students do not participate in Middle School sports
Again, thank you for your participation. If you have any questions about the survey, please attend an open Community Forum or contact Jeff Lowell, District Activities and Athletics Director.