On December 6th, over two dozen First Lego League (FLL) teams from the Bellevue School District participated in the Edmonds Regional.
Bellevue Big Picture school had three teams comprised of students in grades 6-8 score in the top 12. Two of their teams advanced to the state semi-final:
- Team 1623, the Metallic Panthers, received the Research Award, which recognizes a team that utilizes diverse resources to formulate an in-depth and comprehensive understanding of the problem they have identified. The team researched the learning of languages for their project.
- Team 1624, the Jungle Knights, received the coveted Champion’s Award, which recognizes a team that embodies the FLL experience, by fully embracing the Core Values while achieving excellence and innovation in both the Robot Game and Project.
Elementary students came up big as well. Ardmore, Cherry Crest, Phantom Lake, Puesta del Sol, Sherwood Forest, Somerset, and Woodridge all sent teams to the regional. Impressively, four elementary teams qualified for the state semi-final after competing against middle school teams:
- Team 11078, the Go-Go Gadgets (Woodridge), received the Judges Award. This top honor celebrates the team that exemplifies the core values of FIRST in their relationships with other teams and by their demonstrated gracious professionalism.
- Team 14394 (Cherry Crest) received the Outstanding Research Project Award.
- Team 14392 (Cherry Crest) received the Gracious Professionalism Award.
- Team 11421 (Cherry Crest)